Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Springer Publishing Nursing Showcase
About Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Good communication is a key to having a positive hospital experience and being involved in decisions regarding your healthcare. Here are some ideas and resources that may help you explain your needs to your healthcare team.
- Know the names of the people taking care of you and what they do.
- Keep a list of your questions and the important information that you think your healthcare team should know.
- Let your doctors and team members know when you do not understand or cannot hear what they are saying to you.
- Ask a family member or friend to be with you during discussions about your treatment plan. This person can help you by taking notes, listening to you and asking important questions that you might not think to ask.
- If you are unhappy about any of the hospitals services or need help of any kind, contact the hospital patient representative to help resolve your concerns.
- Use the hospital Ethics Committee as a resource for facilitating discussion about a medical-ethical dilemma. Contact the Ethics Committee through your nurse, physician, social worker or patient representative
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has made a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement. We are proud of our designations by external agencies, which recognize healthcare quality and excellence. However, achieving these awards is not our primary goal. Our goal is to provide our community with world-class healthcare close to home.
Development at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has filed zoning and special exception amendment applications with Fairfax County to allow for future hospital and medical office building development on the hospital campus in conformance with the February 2010 amendments to the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan. This development plan will help address the future healthcare needs for our community and will introduce world class cancer services close to home in Western Fairfax County.
Inova Quality and Outcomes
At Inova, we have taken up the call to evaluate and improve our care at every level, using the best hospitals in the nation as our benchmarks.
Each Inova hospital – Inova Alexandria, Inova Fairfax, Inova Fair Oaks, Inova Loudoun, and Inova Mount Vernon – is deeply committed to providing the highest quality and safest care possible. Our leadership, physicians and team members have established benchmarks and goals to meet or surpass the standards set by industry leaders. And we are sharing our progress with you. Our latest Quality Matters report shares our progress, in many cases offering comparative statistics for each of our hospitals.
We also are following standards of care established by several key national organizations that support quality improvement, including the Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Agency for Health Care Research in Quality (AHRQ) and the National Quality Forum. These organizations provide healthcare providers with quality measurement tools that help us on our ongoing quest for the highest level of quality in our hospitals.