Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Springer Publishing Nursing Showcase
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus at a Glance
- Home to Inova Women's Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Northern Virginia.
- Home to Inova Children's Hospital, an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents.
- The flagship location of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), we have the region's only dedicated cardiac hospital, housing the most advanced technology and facilities focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital offers Northern Virginia’s only level 1 trauma center for treating the most critically injured patients.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has a robust organ transplantation program, including heart, lung, kidney, and pancreas transplant services.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is consistently recognized for excellence and innovation.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is a teaching facility, serving as a regional medical school campus hosting medical student rotations for University of Virginia (UVA) and has affiliations with the medical schools at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Georgetown University, George Washington University and Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS).
- Our campus is host to a range of graduate medical education programs including both residency programs and fellowships. In addition to six independent Inova training programs, we also partner with Georgetown, GWU, The National Capital Consortium (military program) and VCU, to provide training in a total of 19 specialty training areas.
- Site of the UVA School of Medicine Inova Campus and the VCU School of Pharmacy Inova Campus.
- We partner with eight nursing schools to provide training to students from George Mason, George Washington, Marymount, Shenandoah, Georgetown, Catholic and Stratford universities as well as Northern Virginia Community College.
- We also have partnerships in place with seven schools of pharmacy including Butler, Howard, Notre Dame, Shenandoah, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland and the VCU School of Pharmacy.